- This event has passed.
Profiting from Pastured Animals Two-Day Workshop – Harlingen
June 10 @ 9:00 am - June 11 @ 5:00 pm CDT$20
Friday, June 10th 9am – 5pm and Saturday, June 11th 9am – 5pm
$20, including lunches both days
The workshop is designed to particularly benefit:
- Beginning farmers — or any farmer who feels like they need help with the business, marketing, and regulatory aspects.
- Existing farmers who are considering diversifying their operations.
- Conventional livestock farmers who might be considering direct marketing alternatives for their businesses.
The main topics we’ll cover during each two-day event include:
- Market analysis to determine which products on which to focus.
- Financial considerations, including how to do a cost-benefit analysis.
- Marketing techniques for selling direct-to-consumer.
- Options for how to handle sales and distribution.
- Regulatory issues related to sales of animal products.